Fourth of July Pavlova.
Home » Articles
[ Back to Articles ]
July 1, 2011
- 4 Organic egg whites (at room temp)
- 1 Cup plus 2 tbls superfine sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups whipped heavy cream
- 4 cups mixed blueberries,raspberries,blackberries and strawberries
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cut a piece of parchment paper into 8’’ round.
- Put round on a baking sheet.
- In the bowl of mixer with whisk attachment beat eggs and salt until glossy. Add the sugar in a slow stream. Beat until meringue is holding firm peaks.
- Add in cornstarch, vinegar and vanilla. Fold into mixture.
- Mound the meringue in the center of the circle. Spread meringue towards edges.
- Reduce oven to 250 degrees. Put baking sheet in oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn off oven and leave meringue in oven to cool.
- When meringue is completely cool top with whipped cream and berries.