Lemon Mint Snap Peas and Fava Bean Salad.
Home » Articles
[ Back to Articles ]
March 7, 2012
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 10 ounces of fresh fava beans
- Whisk shallot, oil, lemon juice, mint, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a medium saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Steam snap peas and fava beans until the snap peas are tender-crisp and the fava beans are heated through, 5 to 7 minutes. Peel Fava beans and toss with peas in the vinaigrette.