Tomato, Olive, Red Pepper & Feta Stuffed Portobello Caps.
Home » Articles
[ Back to Articles ]
May 30, 2012
- 2/3 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, 4 inches wide
- Combine tomatoes, olives, peppers, feta cheese, garlic, 1 teaspoon oil and pepper in a small bowl.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Discard mushroom stems. Remove brown gills from the undersides of the caps using a spoon; discard gills. Brush olive oil over both sides of the caps.
- Oil a grill rack. Place the caps on the rack, stem sides down, cover and grill until soft, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and fill with the tomato mixture. Return to the grill, cover, and cook until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes more.